A Big Thank you to Susan for giving me this wonderful opportunity to host MLLA-33 . The daily grind of handling 2 beauties and a home has taken precedence over everything else in life. We had another beautiful addition to our family , Little Anika who is 5 months old . If it not were for MLLA , I would have taken a longer break than this.
A legume in terms of this event is fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and/or the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products like tofu or besan. Avoid any confusion w/ the French legumes, which they mean as any vegetable at all. Tamarind, fenugreek, carob, peanuts, etc. are among some of the other edible plants in the legume family which ARE included in the event.
A spoonful or soupcon of a legume is not quite enough to qualify. Recipes that do not actually feature legumes, but reference them as an auxiliary ingredient will not be considered for this event . MLLA is really about the legumes of any sort as the main draw. For example. please don’t add half a teaspoon of Fenugreek and send it across as it wont be considered for the drawing.
Rules for this event :
*All courses and cultures are welcome,This event at Ammalu’s Kitchen is strictly vegetarian-only. .
* Multiple recipes are permitted (although only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing/s).
* Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted.
* Recipes from archives can be accepted ONLY if updated and reposted as current.
* Recipes from those who do not blog are accepted and make eligible the participants to win a prize.
* Location of participants is necessary as Hurst cannot ship outside US. I will not publish the location if you ask me to withhold the details for your privacy.
* Use of logo is optional.
* Photo is preferred, but not essential. Please resize the image to 550 pixels wide, height does not matter
* The round -up will be posted first week of April .
* Please link your post to this post and also to The well seasoned cook .
* Please send your links to ammaluskitchen (at)gmaildotcom before the 31st of March 2011
1) Winner chooses any cookbook or food-related book from Amazon valued at not more than 15USD for the book itself. This prize is offered by Susan at her expense and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
2) Hurst Bean Box – A case of six bags of the winner’s choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) F.T.C. Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
3) Drawing Structure – If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
Feel free to contact me for any further details.
Have a great one and see you soon with my post for MLLA -33