I love the fact that I can make it anytime I want, I always keep a stash of sprouted almonds in the refrigerator just to satiate myself whenever Im in need of this energy drink which is definitely a couple of times during the week. it works as a great snack for me… especially when I crave for that one cup of extra tea…which I have given up in the recent times.
Raw food enthusiasts make it only with sprouted almonds , but I like to add to some milk to it as I cannot simply cannot drink just a drink of raw almonds. Here is my very very late entry to JFI , I hope you guys dont mind!!
How to sprout Almonds
1. Take a handful of raw almonds and soak them in water in a ceramic container , its advisable to do the sprouting in small batches.
2. Keep changing the water in the container every 8 hrs for 2 days , the water becomes brown ,but thats just the color of the skin.
3. You have to peel the skin on top to see if the almonds have sprouted , you cannot see them from the outside . Once you see the sprouts remove and store in the refrigerator. They are good to store 4-5 days.
Sprouted Almonds Vs Raw Almonds
4-5 raw spouted almonds with their skins peeled
A pinch of saffron/vanilla essence
Honey or sweetener of your choice
Take the almonds in a food processor , pulse until it becomes a past , add a cup of milk with the the sweetener and pulse until the ingredients mix well.
In a separate bowl take the pinch of saffron with a dash of milk, warm until the color of the saffron is imparted to the milk and mix with the almond drink.
This is a great energy drink and can be substituted for a snack!
JFI – Round up
Coming to the round up , here are the wonderful entries by all of you . Thanks dearies for sending me such interesting dishes to try . I have quite a few of these on my ” to try” list. Thank you one and all for participating and also waiting patiently for the round up!
Here Is the link to the album
1. Khaugiri ‘s Mod Aalelya Methichi
2. Easy2cook’s Sprouted Methi Seeds Kulambu
3. Health Nut’s Methi sprouts Rice
Moong Dal Sprouts
1.Easy2cook’s Sprouted Moong dal noodle rolls
2. Asvadha’s Sprouted Moong Dal Salad in Wanton Cups
3. Singing Chef’s Cornmeal Sprout Salad
4. My culinary endeavours Sprouts Pulao
5. Chitra Amma’s Kitchen Pesarattu
6. Indian Spice trail Sprouted Mung bean curry
7. Priya’s easy N tasty recipes Zucchini and Green gram curry
8. Kitchen Vibes Sprouted green gram healthy
1. No Recipes Sukju Namal
2. Cooking etcetera ‘s Tahu Surabaya
Black Chick Peas
1. Veggie Platter’s Kala Chana Sprouts with cabbage
2. Wishurdish’s Burnt Corn and Sprouts salad
3. Ruchii Sprouted chanadal Kurma
1. Tasty Palettes Egg Salad Sandwich with brocolli
Other Lentl, Mixture of Sprouts and Nut Sprouts Dishes
1. Enjoy Indian Food’s Mixed Kathol nu shaak
2. Experiments In Kailas Kitchen : Kollu Pongal
3. Konkan world Lentil Sprouts Usili
4. One Page Cookbooks 1001 sprouted sundal
5. Recipe Center Misal Paav
6. Priya’s easy N tasty recipes Sprouted lentils gravy
7. Ammalu’s Kitchen Sprouted Almond Milk