Delicious is one word that comes to my mind when I look at sprouts. These protein packed natural pills are common in many of our homes. They make a great snack or breakfast and also great additions to salads, sandwiches apart from being a great meal by themselves. Here is a list of Sprouts and their Nutritional Information
Some of the kinds of Sprouts are :
1. Bean Sprouts
2. Leaf Sprouts
3. Lentil Sprouts
4. Whole Grain Sprouts
The above list is not comprehensive , but you can add to it , if its not listed above ( Please do not include veggies like brussel sprouts etc) You can find a more comprehensive list of edible sprouts here.
Some Guidelines to Follow:
1. Prepare a dish that features Edible Sprouts as one of the main ingredients and post it in your blog in a month of December, 2008. It would be lovely if you can send me a Vegan or Vegetarian dish with Sprouts featuring a central role.
2. If you already have appropriate entry archived, please make sure to repost it with a link back to this announcement page. But it will be great if you are to cook a special dish for this event.
3. Provide a link back to this announcement page and feel free to use the logo.
4. Email your entry to ammaluskitchen[at]gmail[dot]com, with JFI-Sprouts in the subject line with following details
- Your Name
- Blog Name
- Blog URL
- Type of a Dish (For example, Snack, Starter, Main, Side Dish, Dessert, Beverage etc)
- Recipe Name
- Recipe URL
- Photograph of final dish.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries. If you don’t have a blog but wish to participate in this event, send your entries with a picture, your name and recipe to ammaluskitchen[at]gmail[dot]com before the deadline. I will post the recipes with your picture in my blog and include it in the round-up.